Yeah, like the world needed more cheesecake recipes. I agree. But I decided that my waistline needed attention. I have been losing weight recently.
For a 26cm-springform pan
For the crust and the streusel:
- 350g plain flour
- 100g sugar
- 150g cold sweet butter
- 1 package of vanilla sugar (with real vanilla)
- pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 125g soft sweet butter
- 150g sugar
- 1 package of vanilla sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 750g Quark, 20% fat
- 250g Mascarpone
- 6 tbsp semolina from soft wheat
- pinch of salt
- 150g cherry jam
- Additional butter and sugar for the pan
- Powdered sugar
– For the crust and the streusel, quickly combine the flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, salt with the butter. Rub between hands obtaining rather fine streusel. Refrigerate.
– For the filling, mix the butter with the sugar vigorously, then add the vanilla sugar, salt and one egg after the other, and mix to a rather smooth consistency. Add the Quark, the Mascarpone and the soft-wheat semolina.
– Butter the springform pan and sprinkle some sugar over it. Discard any excess sugar that does not stick to the buttered pan. Take half of the streusel-mixture and with your fingers press it into the pan. Making a small rim.
– Slather the jam on the pie crust leaving a 2cm space to the edge. Put the filling into the pan, sprinkle with the remaining streusel.
– Bake at 200°C for 60-70 minutes. Leave to cool in the oven to reduce risk of sinking in the center. Sift powdered sugar on top.
Source: “LECKER” – a culinary periodical by kochen & genießen
How to make exceptional vanilla sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, the seeds of which have already been scraped out and used
- 500g sugar
Let the vanilla bean dry out completely. Put it into the sugar. Over time, the aroma of the vanilla bean will be absorbed by the sugar. Or: Blitz the dry vanilla bean with 50g of the sugar in a blender. Mix with the remaining sugar.